Brazilian Dairy Hybrid
(most common name in English)
• Mestiço leiteiro brasileiro (MLB)
also named (English):
• Brazilian Milking Crossbred
The Brazilian Dairy Hybrid is a mixed and open population of dairy cattle that have the combined blood of:
• zebu cattle (mainly the Guzerá and the Gir)
• European cattle (the Danish Red)
• European-descent cattle (mainly the Holstein, but also the Brown Swiss and the Caracu)
The Brazilian Dairy Hybrid has many different variations as to the actual blood percentages from each group.
The Brazilian Dairy Hybrid belongs to the Dairy Breed (European/Zebu cross) cattle group.
You can also go to:
My Daily Cow® Brazil and read about other Brazilian cattle breeds.
The Cow Wall® A-Z Cattle Breed Picture Reference to see other breeds of cattle in the world.