(most common name in English)
(most common name):
• Rotes Höhenvieh
• Mitteldeutsches Rotvieh
• Mitteldeutsches Gebirgsvieh
also named (English):
• Middle German Hill
• Middle German Red
• Red cattle of Central Germany
• Red Hill
• Red Mountain
The German Red originated from Celtic-Sudeten cattle that are thought to have been present in Germany starting around 1000 BC.
German to English:
• Mitteldeutsches Gebirgsvieh = Middle German Hill cattle
• Mitteldeutsches Rotvieh = Middle German Red cattle
• Rotes Höhenvieh = Red Hill or Red Mountain cattle
You can also go to:
My Daily Cow® Germany and read about other German cattle breeds.
The Cow Wall® A-Z Cattle Breed Picture Reference to see other breeds of cattle in the world.