Brazilian Dairy Hybrid
(most common name in English)
• Mestiço leiteiro brasileiro (MLB)
local/other name (English):
• Brazilian Milking Crossbred
• Brazilian Milking Hybrid
The Brazilian Dairy Hybrid is a mixed and open population of dairy cattle that have the combined blood of:
• zebu cattle (mainly Guzerá and Gir)
• European cattle (Danish Red)
• European-descent cattle (mainly Holstein, but also Brown Swiss and Caracu)
The Brazilian Dairy Hybrid has many different variations as to actual blood percentages from each group.
This page was last updated on: 2023-06-03
You can also go to:
My Daily Cow® Brazil and read about other Brazilian cattle breeds.
The Cow Wall® A-Z Cattle Breed Picture Reference to see other breeds of cattle in the world.